Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Felicia of Negaunee

Our love story begins long before we ever met. When I was still making poor life decisions, God planned for us to be together. When I met my husband, Jeff, I had no interest in dating and I sure never thought I'd get married. I was a new Christian, but I was still caught in my old behaviors. I had gotten out of a really bad relationship and was still making poor relationship decisions and partying all of the time. I gave myself to a man who had no intention of having a relationship with me even though I thought he did. I was disgusted with myself. I prayed that if there was a man God had planned for me that he would let me meet him when the time was right, but that I wasn't going date until then. One day I spilled water on my laptop and Jeff was NOT the guy to fix it. Rather he was the guy who helped the guy who fixed my computer. I couldn't stop looking at him. I didn't think he even noticed me because of a more beautiful girl he was helping, but I invited him out with my friends and gave him my number. We emailed for a couple weeks and when we finally got together, we instantly became inseparable. It turned out he graduated from high school with my best friend and our families lived 5 minutes from each other. And even though he knew about my past and present struggles, he still wanted to get to know me. We tried spending one day apart to catch up on homework and couldn't do it. We were so bored with out each other. We got married last June on our two year anniversary. He wanted to enjoy being newlyweds but sacrificed for my sake. This past November my mom and my two nephews moved in with us due to family circumstances. It has been really difficult, but Jeff has been so loving and kind. He never complains and even agreed that if it came down to it, he would permanently take in my nephews even though that would mean giving up all of the things he always had in mind for this stage of life. My life is 100% different with him in it. I am happy. I know I'm loved, and I no longer struggle with making poor life decisions because I know that not only do I have God's support, but I have Jeff's until death parts us. He is the best gift God has ever given me

No comments:

Post a Comment