Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Robin C. of Grand Blanc

Why is Tony the love of my life?
I got out of an emotionally abusive marriage 2 1/2 years ago. That experience left many scars and hurt but I decided to trust God with the desires of my heart.
I had people tell me that my expectations were too high and I would soon settle instead of waiting on God. I had a list of 10 non-negotiable items I was seeking in a mate, and I wasn't willing to settle for any less. Then one day, not too long ago, I told my friend Cathy that I was going to think "really big" and tell God I wanted someone that could sing like Johnny Cash! I love to sing and am always searching for a male to sing Johnny Cash/June Carter songs with me.
On 11/14/09 while out at karaoke, a man randomly came up and asked if any of us girls could sing a Johnny/June duet. His name is Tony and we have been glued at the hip ever since. He is all and more than I asked God for and I am eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment