Thursday, February 11, 2010

Marilyn of Dansville

My husband and I started dating when I was 17 and he was 19. We dated for several years and have now been married for almost 21 years. He truly is the love of my life. When I met my husband, I had a low self esteem and was not very confident. He helped me realize that I am God's child and that I am special. He also helped me realize that I have a lot to offer. He still helps me with this endeavor many years later. This summer I had to have surgery and he made sure that everything was just right for me when I returned home and for the weeks afterward. He would not let me do anything to compromise my health, even when it made things more difficult for him. He is always protective, and one of the most understanding people I know. Even when I have fallen short of an expectation or not done what I thought I should have, he is supportive and understanding. One of the things I love most about my husband, though, is that he is so giving to everyone. He will go out of his way to help anyone any way that he can. He gives and gives without thinking about himself or expecting anything in return. This applies to his family, his friends, work, and all aspects of his life. He always goes above and beyond what is expected. He recently has been working a lot of extra hours, but he makes sure that our needs are met. In addition, he is constantly trying to be the husband, father, and man of the house that God wants him to be. He is the most wonderful father, husband, and man that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment