Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Polly of Lansing

My Husband &I met 3 years ago at our prosthetic dr's office. We are both amputees, mine from a birth defect, my husband's from a drunk driver hitting him. He is a 2 time combat war vet from the 82nd Airborn and I am very proud of him. The accident caused him to be in a coma for quite some time and suffer from a closed head injury. He was expected to only live on his own feed and clothe himself. He is the love of my life because he works so hard. He carried a 4.0 GPA at LCC and has transferred to MSU and is carrying a 3.5 GPA in the accounting program. Life has not been easy for him and he will never say that out loud, but he carries on with determination and strength that has made me a better person. We work hard to keep God in the forfront of our marriage ( I teach 5th grade Sunday School at Trinity United Methodist in Lansing) We married when we were older and that was the best for both of us, we were able to clearly see God's plan for us to share the rest of our lives together. I would love to share the Fireproof Couples Kit with my husband, as the movie touched me in a very profound way.
I hope that I have explained why he is the love of my life. He takes great care of me and sees beauty that is in my heart and accepts me completley. I love him with all of my heart and am so honored and proud to be his wife. I am free to love him with out fear of rejection. I had been in a few very bad relationships that left me alone for 10 years. I often prayed to God to take the desire out of my heart for a husband.. Thankfully he never did. He just needed me to be patient and wait for His timing and His plan to come into play. Ironically my husband and I had gone to the same dr for at least 2 years and we never crossed paths. Almost impossible in such a small office. It was God's timing that put us together and encouraged my husband to strike up a conversation. God also pushed me to give him my number.. on 7/4/2006 we had our first date and have been together ever since.
Thank you for allowing me to write about one of the best husbands in the world. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment