Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jill S. of Negaunee

My husband Brad is the love of my life because he loves God first, then me, and our kids! Despite all the temptations that are out there in this world trying to steal our Godly men away, he keeps his eyes on Jesus and walks the narrow path with me by his side! We met in 7th grade in Petoskey and became friends after we learned that both our families were originally from the Upper Peninsula and both had a common Finnish heritage. We remained friends through 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. In 10th grade we decided to start dating. He agreed to come to church with my family and just two months after we started dating he gave his life over to the Lord. We got engaged right after high school graduation, moved back to the U.P. to attend college, and got married a year later. This coming July we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and we now have 5 children, two of which we just adopted in November. We both have always had a heart for children, and although we had three children biologically, we still had a desire to adopt children, but weren't sure exactly how we would go about doing it. Then in Oct. 2008 the opportunity came up and we went for it! Through all the years of our relationship and marriage, struggles and temptations have come our way, but we stay focused on our Lord and He gets us through every storm! My husband and I are now more committed to one another than ever! I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else! I truly believe he IS the love of my life and I look forward to growing old with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment